See that drain boot, just inside the door? That's what we needed to replace, 'cause ours developed a hole in it and has been leaking for about the past month. Did I mention we have been so busy that we didn't take the time to do the repair until yesterday? Anyway we have company coming this weekend and I told him we have to get that washer fixed before then. Little did I know he was going to start on it right away. Again, I say START, 'cause things weren't going smoothly, and we needed to get out and do chores, so it had to wait until the end of the day, but it got done!
Anyway, back to the two person job. We had to take off the door, the front panel, the door lock mechanism and wires, and open the top and hold it up out of our way. PHEW! Got that all done in the morning.
So, the two person part was trying to get the new boot onto the tub. One person had to hold it on top and going down the sides, while the other person stretched it and put it into the grove it belonged. Truth be told, it felt like we could have used a few more hands! We finally got it on without it popping off in another part and we let it sit for a bit, to get used to the shape it was now in, before continuing to put on the retaining wire. That was another job for two people. It has a very strong compressed spring that has to be hooked to the two ends of the wire. We got the wire in position and I held it while hubby stretched the spring and hooked it. PHEW! That took some effort, especially with his big hands, in a small area.
So I washed 2 loads of laundry today and no leaks! WOO HOO!!!
Have A Nice Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment