The high winds took another piece of our willow tree. Gary had called to see what it would cost to cut it down and the guy wanted $600!!! Can you believe that! That's more than the deductible on our insurance. So, while we hemmed and hawed and decided to look for other bids, Mother Nature did this. Now it's to the point where we may be able to do it ourselves. With that heavy limb off, I think the main trunk going up may just withstand the wind we've got going yet today. Tomorrow should be a calmer day.
The neighbor that took the wood the last time was here bright and early to cut up a load to take out today. He's got more guts than me to be cutting up a tree in this wind. He said, "If I hear a crack, I'll duck." I guess you have to do this stuff when you have a day off. He works screwy hours for many days at a time, so this is when he could do some.
Anyway, Praise GOD that he set that thing down between the deck and Box Elder tree. I pray that he continues to smile on us and not let that tree do any great damage.
HAVE A SAFE AN NICE BLUSTERY DAY!

1 comment:
WHEW! Your limb was a LOT bigger than mine! So sorry about your Willow. Those trees are beautiful!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment