Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting Stuff Done

So, the weather has been nice the past two days and I got a few things done in the morning. Afternoons have been picking rocks. Pretty boring, but I get to rest and read.
So, what did I get done?
Yesterday, I got my Potato Tower made. Tutorial to come on my Designs blog. This is an experiment I am trying this year. I have never had much luck with growing potatoes and we'll see if this works like the theory.
Today, I potted up some strawberry plants for Isabel's planter that I'm making for her Bday. I need 15 for her and the other ten I got; I plan to make a planter stand for my strawberry jar and will use them in there. I then planted Dahlia bulbs in the container that previously held the strawberries. The final thing I did this morning was to transplant some ferns around the deck. I hope it is not too late to transplant them, as they were already 6" to 15" tall, but we'll see. The ones I transplanted in April which were nothing but brown clumps and roots are doing great. I hope these are not the kind of fern that are illegal to dig up and transplant, but I did get them from a friend's land, so I don't see a problem.
Looks like we're not supposed to get rain for a few more days yet, so, hopefully I can get a few things done each morning. Afternoons as I said will be spent picking rocks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails