Monday, May 31, 2010

THE COLOSSAL POTATO TOWER VENTURE

So, I got this idea for a Potato Skyscraper/Tower here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGWZAIjsTU
As he didn't give any real instructions, I'm attempting this experiment on my own. 
The idea is that the plants will grow out the sides and top of the tower and the whole thing will be green. In the fall when the plants die back, the whole inside is supposed to be full of potatoes. We shall see.
The tutorial will be on my Designs and Drafts blog, HERE

Here's what it looked like when I made it on May 15th










And here's what it looked like on May 27th, the plants are staring to come out the side and top. WOOHOO!!


Check HERE for updates!

4 comments:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Oooh - I want to see how this turns out! Very cool idea.

Tru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tru said...

I plan to take pics every week or so, to track the progress. I sure hope this turns out and I get lots of potatoes.

Kirsty Girl said...

Looks good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails