We have a new store in our rural area. It is called Brubakers Country Store. They have bulk foods, spices and deli meats. They opened yesterday and we happened to be in the vacinity, so we stopped to see what they had and to check prices. Anyway, their prices are comparable to regular prices in grocery stores, some being a little higher, some lower. The most significant savings are on things you would normally buy in tiny packages, such as spices or fruit pectin for jam.
They have natural as well as premade products, such as instant pudding. Their cheeses we found to be cheaper than anywhere around here; however, they are not local cheeses, but rather the provolone I bought came from Pennsylvania.
Oh, did I mention that it is owned by Menonite people, hence, probably the reason for PA. products. They live in Uncle Mello's old house and the store is in front by the road. They are open Mon.-Sat. 8-5:30. It is quite convenient for us , especially with the road construction now.
Anyway, just thought you might like to know. When you come again, we can take a trip there and check it out. They had a lot of empty spaces yet as they had just opened, so I'm sure there will be more goodies to browse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am not sure I know where Uncle Mello lived. So - where is this place?
Where George has Shallow Construction. Not too far from 41. It's a big white house set back from the road with 2 driveways that look like a boulevard.
Post a Comment