Well, our willow has to come down before winter. I have to figure out something to do by the Patio that was integrated into the tree. I was thinking maybe a pergola over the patio and try to make some kind of planter out of the stump. We really can't take the stump out, because, for one thing it will cost an arm and a leg and secondly, we don't want to damage the patio, now that we have it the way we like it. It's going to cost us enough just to get someone with a boom truck or something to cut the thing down and not have it fall on the house. I always said willows were dirty tress, dropping branches all the time. Now they are just getting too big to not do something about it.
Anyway, I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have on how to get our patio to look good without the anchor tree in the back. Any pics people can find on the net would surely help a lot. By the way, we can't leave the stump at a height that will hold the top of a pergola, (thought of that), but willows are a sucker tree and we'd just have a huge bush growing through the pergola.
Here's what we'll be dealing with, minus the tree in the back.

5 comments:
Hmmm - I did find some stuff online about products that will "dissolve" a trunk slowly over time - but I would just turn it into a seat or something. Here is a link to one site I found - http://the-garden-site.com/how-to-turn-unsightly-tree-stumps-into-workable-garden-and-outdoor-elements/
Good luck - can't wait to see what you find!
Ooh...it's so sad when big lovely trees have to come down!!
Good luck on the trunk! I'd turn it into a planter:)
Ooh...it's so sad when big lovely trees have to come down!!
Good luck on the trunk! I'd turn it into a planter:)
@ Jess, I did check out that site. It was too bad they didn't have pics to go along with the info, but I'll keep searching.
@simpledaisy, a planter does seem the likely course. And I don't know about lovely. It's a willow and they are dirty tress that belong by a river bank or somewhere you won't have to clean up after them. Come to think of it, they're kinda like kids! LOL!
I had made a comment on the site Jess suggested, and guess what? They commented back and put up some pics. You should check it out. http://the-garden-site.com/how-to-turn-unsightly-tree-stumps-into-workable-garden-and-outdoor-elements/
Post a Comment